So, I'm a little behind on the blog this week, we've been quite busy.
This Monday was Cameron's 4th birthday. After looking at all we wanted to do, and how little time we had, Dave and I decided that we would do most of the celebrating on Sunday ( we shouldn't have). We bought Cameron a new sled and took him up to Uetliberg, only to find that the snow had melted and frozen into icy slopes. The sledding hill was so slick we didn't think we could get to the top, and knew Cameron would get hurt coming down, so our morning was ruined. We then thought we would take Cameron to the big indoor playground in town for the afternoon. Then Cameron decided to be extremely difficult, making it impossible for us to take him to the playground given that it would require a great deal of walking. So our day didn't go as planned, but we did open some presents and ate cake. Then on Monday Cameron got to take cupcakes to school, we went to McDonalds for dinner (Cameron's favorite) and then he got to open up his presents from Dave and I. So, it wasn't the birthday bash we hoped for, but he managed to turn 4 in spite of it. I promised him that next year we could have a party and invite his classmates (hopefully he will have learned their names by then).
I have been busy doing all the housewife things. ....dealing with neighbors who don't remove their laundry forcing me to try to dry everything in a small space.....neighbors who turn their music on at 10p.m......trying to find a doctor for myself and Cameron etc....... I did manage to find a lady to cut my hair. Her mother is from South Africa so she speaks English, and I have to say she did a good job. I also found out about a health clinic that takes walk ins so that we can get medication if we need it....despite not having insurance or a family doctor yet (Dave's pestering people again to get that fixed.) I continue to work on my German. I found out how to say someone is sick, which was fortuante because Cameron has a cold. I sometimes feel like I'm really getting it. Of course then I look at a newspaper or listen to a conversation on the tram and I realize I'm not even remotely close. So, all in all it has been an educational week.
Dave has been doing about 2 late night meetings a week. Based on my discussions with other Google wives this is not unususal. He says he's trying to get involved in more European projects, but we will have to wait and see. To be honest, while I would love to have him home more I'm just happy he isn't traveling 2 days every other week.
Quote of the week: "I'm so exciting!"-Cameron's statement on the morning of his birthday.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You do have a follower that you don't talk to. Aside from the flu part I am enjoying your blogs. It's always fun to live vicariously, not to mention I love Cameron's antics. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteOops! The Dr. Don comment was from me. I was logged into his account when I wrote it. :-)
ReplyDelete