The winter is finally gone and we're enjoying more and more time outside. We actually went up to a town called Laax and enjoyed some sledding before the snow is gone. This weekend it was so warm, we went out to Lake Zurich and took the boat tour around the lake, then went on the big ferris wheel the city runs down by the dock. Soon, Dave's mom will be here to visit and Dave and I are going to go visit B
The big news is that we have decided to move. No.....we're not leaving Switzerland. We're just moving closer to the city. When we moved here we thought we would have a better chance of getting Cameron a place in a preschool if we looked outside of town. We were wrong, and now Cameron goes with Dave into town every day with Dave. The commute is 50 min. each way, and it's
Some funny things have happened as we looked for apartments. One of the first apartments we looked at was nothing short of a dump. As we were walking through Cameron said "Mommy, I don't want to live here, it's too dirty." Then there was the apartment we saw today that didn't have ANY overhead lighting in the bathroom. We have seen a few good ones.....hopefully we'll get accepted for one we like soon. For those of you who have read about my laundry stuggles I should say that I won't even consider taking an apartment unless I have access to a REAL dryer. I actually ask to see the dryer, I don't take their word for it, just in case we have some sort of language misunderstanding.
Other than that....we're all good. Cameron is enjoying school, and learning German, and has finally decided he kind of likes computer games. I'm learning German more slowly, making friends, and occasionaly cooking a real meal. Dave is working hard, enjoying his expensive camera and happy that Cameron and I are learning German.

I hope it works out for you. Your son is the most gorgeous thing.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move. Sounds like a great idea. Hope you get the most fabulous apartment in Switzerland!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. I love to hear the details of what is happening and when. Glad that you have made the decision to move and sure it will be a great change to be closer for all.
ReplyDeleteSee you soon.
Love